“It is time for consistent policies to ensure children arrive safely, regardless of the mode of transportation or the jurisdiction they travel through” said Deborah A.P. Hersman, president and CEO of the National Safety Council.
Seat belts have been already proven to save lives. Child restraints in vehicles lessen the danger of death by up to 71% among newborn children, 54% among little children and 45% among kids ages 4-8. Although school buses remain the safest approach to transport kids to and from school, seat belts include an additional layer of insurance, especially in roll-over and side-sway crashes.
Additional National Safety Council recommendations include:
- Using a powerfully tried child restraint device that is fitting for every child’s weight, stature, age and developmental level until appropriate seat belt fit is accomplished – normally between ages 8 to 12.
- Requiring the utilization of back confronting child restriction devices at any rate through 2 years old.
- Using a five-point outfit prepared child restriction device proper for their stature and weight through the furthest reaches of their seat and until at any rate age 5.
- Using a belt-positioning booster (BPB) seat until the seat belt fits effectively, at any rate until the kid is 8 years of age and 4-feet-9 and 80 pounds.
- Requiring children more youthful than 13 to ride in the back seat. On the off chance that a kid must ride in the front seat, the vehicle seat ought to be moved as a long way from the dashboard as possible.
- Using particular kid restriction devices for children with special needs.
- Passing essential enforcement seat belt legislation in all states for all seating positions.
As the National Safety Council concludes, safety belts save lives, especially children’s lives. Thrifty Auto Shipping definitely supports a child’s safety! Please buckle up and should you require the services of a car shipping service please contact us for a free quote.